Poetical

A little pop song. I was so proud of my guitar and bass playing on this one, it was really holding together for a long time for me. There was a cool flange-y guitar effect on one of the tracks. I love the breathing sound of the drum loops too.

Then we started recording the record, and after the first pass with this one it was apparent that no, I'm not a guitarist and a bass player and the song needed the real guys. Gretchen played that lead throughout and it instantly became a song. We kept my original little rhythm track and the flange thing, but they're really just textures now, as they should be. Rob played what I'd been trying for but like a million times better.

The vocals on this one are a little out of my range, but that made sense with the song to me. It should have a little desperation to it, that's definitely in there.

No comments: